Blogetery Taken Out

Here's a new forum to dicuss anything to do with blogs and blogging NO ADS

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Blogetery Taken Out

Postby Tel » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Hey everyone, it looks like blogetery has just been taken out. if you, like me were using them for free blog hosting with several aged blogs for the agricultural stock, then you just lost a load of your backlinks.

Seems the host terminated their server out of the blue following a visit from law enforcement. Chances are some dickhead created a free blog on there and started posted something pretty bad to get law enforcement on the case, but that is one problem with WPmu that even a seemingly stable and authoritative platform can be taken out.

A timely warning to any of our own WPmu owners to keep a vigil as to what blogs are created on them and what is going into them.
Tel
Site Admin

Re: Blogetery Taken Out

Postby James » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Yup, I noticed Blogetery is down few days ago. And I don't think it will be back, since a legal action will be taken against the owner. That's just too bad. It's good that I only had 4 or 5 blogs there. I learned my lesson not to build to many sites outside the domains I own.
James

Postby Phillip » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:31 am

damn.. I had planted some seeds there just waiting to be ripe for picking. Too bad, but reminds us all to rather build our own acreage of plantation and wisely use the ones in our community.
Phillip

Postby Jeff99 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:25 am

I lost a couple of very good farm sites as well - what I read was that someone was posting pirated videos on a blogetery blog, hence the law enforcement action for copyright violation.
Cheers,
Jeff
Jeff99

Postby dreamscaper » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:05 pm

Hey gang,

I was just going through my list of farm blog providers (doing some pruning and updating) when I came across blogetery; on the homepage there is a link to some online news stories about the issue and in at least one of those stories (cnet, I believe) they suggest that the blogs content may soon be released back to blogetery by its last host burstnet (?) so once blogetery is set up at a new host you may be back in business. I have neglected to use them recently so I had forgotten their recent problems with the FBI and their being dropped by their service provider.

BTW, does anyone here know how long ago CLEARBLOGS . COM stopped being a blog site? When you go there now it is just a parked page. Boy, I have really stopped using some of my farm locations. lol.
Stephen
dreamscaper

Postby James » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:03 pm

Just to let you know, Blogetery.com is online again.

Feds took the entire site with 70.000 blogs down because they found a post explaining how to make a bomb :-?
James

Postby Tel » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:31 pm

Yeah, I noticed it was back too. My blogs are intact so they did well to re-install it all, although they're a bit slow loading. How bloody OTT to take out an entire blog host just for one crappy page of instructions that you can probably get in any good library...
Tel
Site Admin

Return to Blogging