Hi from Janet's sister

New members, please introduce yourselves here first before you post elsewhere. Let us know who you are and a bit about yourself. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Hi from Janet's sister

Postby jeliza » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:04 pm

I'm Joy, Janet 's (janetra) sister. I am now retired but worked in IT since 1980, as a programmer, analyst, project manager - mostly in warehousing and distribution but I also spent 5 years in the 90's in anti-virus. Before I retired I ran my own business for 5 years building web sites, mostly using .net and c#.

A year ago I began building ebay and other affiliate sites, and they were just starting to do well and earn money (at least the ebay ones were) when Google deindexed all my sites - hadn't known enough not to just build thin affiliate sites so I suppose it was inevitable. I have rebuilt a few sites with content and they are building up traffic and revenue but I haven't been able to do much all summer due to other circumstance. I would now like to get going again and take it much more seriously this time. I have a great example in my sister as she is doing well, and I have seen how much hard work she has put into it so I've no illusions that's it's easy.

Hope I can be of help with my web building and programming background, unfortunately I have never used php which seems to be the main language used.
jeliza

Re: Hi from Janet's sister

Postby janetra » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:06 pm

Hey Joy

Glad you've joined us. There's lot's of interesting stuff here! :-)
janetra

Postby Tel » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:59 pm

Hi Joy, I started in IT (Banking) in the 1970s so you're in good company! Welcome to the forum. 8)
Tel
Site Admin

Postby jeliza » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:16 pm

Yes, it was very different then, my first real job they said here's a computer, you need to put an operating system and a compiler on it, then write an emulator for the screen as we don't have a compatible one, then write a network to connect to the outside world, then you can start on the application !
jeliza

Return to NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here First