Freshdrop Screw Up

Discuss anything to do with domains (buying, selling, pre-owned etc) and hosting (resellers, shared, dedicated which is best etc)

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Freshdrop Screw Up

Postby Tel » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:55 pm

Looks like Freshdrop have gotten greedy now by forcing membership on anyone who wants to research auction domains from the Expired Domains category. For the privileged of doing research that was once free, they will now charge you the very "low monthly rate" of only $87.65.

They already earn commission from visitors buying domains via their site, so it sucks to levy an additional monthly fee to use their site for research. The software is already there, its not like they have to pay for constant updates so they are making 100% profit off that fee.

Well, screw 'em. I hope nobody signs up to be ripped off like that. I'll go do my own research direct from TDNAM and give the cash direct to Godaddy instead.
Tel
Site Admin

Re: Freshdrop Screw Up

Postby Phillip » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:39 pm

I curse the day Freshdrop got greedy! I was already whining about this on another forum - it only means that I won't be using freshdrop anymore
Phillip

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:59 pm

I actually don't use Freshdrop but I have been planning on it lately. Now that I hear this news I won't even bother.
* No links here... Search my name if you want to find me!
TrentBrownrigg

Postby Tel » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:51 pm

It still works for the $5 closeouts, which is still a useful way of finding bargain expired domains.

But its the auctions section is where the best domains live and where you can get some really strong, well linked domains. The best ones are snapped up there before they get to the closeouts. And now you can't get at it unless you pay, which totally sucks.
Tel
Site Admin

Postby daddyO » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:55 pm

Here's an alternative that looks pretty good http://www.dropday.com/ They don't appear to have a Fake-PR filter, so watch out if your buying based on PR.
daddyO

Return to Domains & Hosting