Prices for domains...

Discuss anything to do with domains (buying, selling, pre-owned etc) and hosting (resellers, shared, dedicated which is best etc)

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Prices for domains...

Postby Phillip » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:31 am

So I bought this domain name (.net) about six months ago because it had a decent amount of searches (about 2000), and a good CPC on adsense. After that I noticed that it was the exact name of a product in the USA and the .com address is parked and now someone from a live.cn has contacted me wanting to buy that .net domain.. What kind of money can I be expecting from this deal?

I originally didn't want to start a site there, to avoid any trademark issues or excessive hassle, so I just posted a "this domain is for sale" page..
Phillip

Re: Prices for domains...

Postby Tel » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:39 am

I don't know what you'd get for it if you sold it, but personally I wouldn't sell it just yet.

I would throw up a site with a bunch of half decent articles, using the product name as part of the site keyword title and add "reviews" or something similar to avoid any hassle with trademark. Then start raking in some adsense if it is good. I already do that with one "brand" I have in a domain name and the CPC is decent enough to average about $1 a day from it. Because it looks like a review type site and it says good things about the company - hell, I even link to their site! - they have never hassled me. :mrgreen:
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Phillip » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:41 am

I think I'll hit the offer with "gimme 10k for it" and if they don't want to pay that, I'll do just that :P - even the .org is still available, so I doubt they will pay much for it.
Phillip

Postby Tel » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:27 am

If that's the case, I doubt they will want to pay much for it. Its probably a Chinese spamemr looking for a cheap domain to throw up a MFA and make some fast adsense revenue...

Lucky we know better! ;-)
Tel
Site Admin

Re: Prices for domains... and websites...

Postby Phillip » Wed May 26, 2010 8:56 am

This should be titled prices for sites, but I didn't want to start a new thread here just for this issue... I have just been offered money for one of my websites, and I would really appreciate if someone experienced in buying/selling their websites could give me a hand with this- I would really like to know a "real value" for my site and if I am even able to get the kind of money that I am hoping to get from selling this particular website. The site is public and many people in the SEO world know it's there though I won't be giving the url here in public. If you can find the time to throw me an amount what you could be expecting to get from selling a similar site or what would you use to buy a site like this if you were "very,very interested" - like the potential buyer stated - I would really appreciate it! What I really see here is that the buyer is buying huge potential and an aged domain, and a website with hundreds of unique pages indexed in Google.

I have a sum in mind that reflects an amount that I would be in the need for at the moment - I want to be able to enroll in a course for some "real life" education.

If you can help me then shoot me a PM and I'll give you the url and you can have a look..
Phillip

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Wed May 26, 2010 11:58 pm

Send me the URL and I will tell you what I think. I have some experience with buying and selling websites.
* No links here... Search my name if you want to find me!
TrentBrownrigg

Return to Domains & Hosting