How do you fake feedburner stats?

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

How do you fake feedburner stats?

Postby lissie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:17 am

Not that I would want to of course ...
Its just now that griz pointed out how few commentators problogger has compared to his supposed subscriber number I noticed that caroline middlebrook is claiming over 10,000 subscribers but routinely gets fewer comments than I do on my blog?

Of course I am a fascinating and controversial writer, NOT, - but I only have 145 subscribers and usually get between 30-40 comments (including my own responses) - she gets 20-30 comments from 10,000 subscribers -it feels wrong to me ...

So how do I add the zero to my subsriber numbers :twisted:
Lis
Passive Income and Controversy!
lissie

Re: How do you fake feedburner stats?

Postby Tel » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:28 am

Maybe when I've got my passive earnings up to something approaching "very comfortable thank you" I'll take my foot off the gas a little and find time to start contemplating how to frig my feedburner stats so all the noobs will think I'm important LMAO!!! :lol:
Tel
Site Admin

Postby lissie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:38 am

Oh Terry I thought you were the were which "fixed" grizz's subscribers - I mean I can't REALLY have 3800 readers from a boring blogger blog can he :twisted: :roll: - and I fail to believe that Caroline has 3x as many as him!
Lis
lissie

Postby indoorouthouse » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:29 pm

for a quick hack, you could always just link someone else's feedburner image.....probably fool people who don't look too closely at your code
:-D
indoorouthouse

Postby Brawnydt » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:35 pm

:twisted:
Brawnydt

Postby lissie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:39 pm

indoorouthouse wrote:for a quick hack, you could always just link someone else's feedburner image.....probably fool people who don't look too closely at your code
:-D

Obvious but classy - I like that!
Lis
lissie

Postby zania » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:29 am

Caroline Middlebrook is a techy, so I'm sure she's got it sussed :-)

Now if she had got the bulk of her subscribers in the days she was commenting everywhere and annoying the hell out of Griz and Vic, I would have said it's a case of being like Problogger - 121,000 subscribers and 30 comments, lol!

I am still subscribed to Caroline Middlebrook. I did it for a laugh over a year ago, and I still scan her posts to see what she's up to now, but just lately her posts are sooooo booring they quickly get deleted.
And her posts are all over the place, so I would think even her few loyal fans find it hard to provide encouraging comments at times.
So yeah, she's faking it.
Don't know how though...unless it's that image hack :-)
zania

Postby bgmacaw » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:17 am

I thought you downloaded a copy of my free guidebook: The Secret Guide to Social Blogging Success. It tells you how to do it. ;-)
bgmacaw

Postby lissie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:38 am

hmmm - oops yes I did - I think I even read it - here must have been a memory overload in that particular part of my brain- thanks Frank!
Lis
lissie

Postby indoorouthouse » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:32 pm

i'm actually tempted to use Caroline Middlebrook's image on a couple of blogs of mine, just as a sort of post ironic ironic thing.
:lol:
actually I like bgmacaw approach.....because at least the "subscriptions" are genuine. most of the other hacks I've seen use loopholes in the feedburner code which will eventually be closed down.
indoorouthouse

Postby DavidO » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:10 pm

Is there a way to see who is subscribed to a particular feed? Probably a long shot though seeing how spammers could use these are pretty targeted email lists.
DavidO

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:28 pm

If you have a list (or lists) of email subscribers in Aweber you can add them to your feedburner subscribers. Technically they are actually subscribed to you so it's not "fake" but it's not 100% genuine either because they didn't really subscribe to your blog feed.
* No links here... Search my name if you want to find me!
TrentBrownrigg

Postby Rajaie » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:20 pm

Not sure if this still works but you might want to give it a go: h**p://www.quickonlinetips.com/archives/2008/08/fake-feedburner-rss-counts/
Rajaie

Return to General Business