Don't Edit your Squidoo Lenses

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Don't Edit your Squidoo Lenses

Postby advaita » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:43 pm

I don't use Squidoo much but I decided to edit a lens the other day. This lens had been up for a quite a while wihout any problem but when I tried to re-publish it I got this message saying 'we think your lens may be spambait' (cheek) - I then had 3 alternatives - delete the lens - re-redit it - or submit it to a humanoid for review

I re-edited it but no amount of re-editing and removing links etc... would get it accepted - I therefore had to either leave it unpublished or submit ot to the humanoid for a touchy feely review (they also expected me to give an explanationa s to why I thought it did not infringe their terms and conditions !) - I suspect the humaoind will reject it even though i's been up for a coupe of years with no trouble - they will probably also review my other 5 or 6 lenses and boot them out as well

So the moral of the story is Squiddo seem to have come up with some new scheme - so don't edit your lenses - let sleeping dogs lie !
advaita

Re: Don't Edit your Squidoo Lenses

Postby Tel » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:03 pm

I ended up with some lenses locked through asking for a human review, even though they were squeaky clean they just happened to be "spambait" for being in the weight loss niche! Then they went ahead and deleted two of my MMO lenses in the same account, presumably because they were also "spambait".

Out of interest, I had a look around and there are tons of other lenses in weight loss and MMO that are doing just fine.
Tel
Site Admin

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:21 pm

Thanks for the heads up on that. I don't have many lenses anyway but I do have at least one that is doing well and I don't want it to get locked so I will just leave it alone.
* No links here... Search my name if you want to find me!
TrentBrownrigg

Postby Brawnydt » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:29 pm

Happens to me all the time with my EZA articles as well. If it's been published, don't edit it. You never know if they'll approve it again.
Brawnydt

Postby daddyO » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:16 pm

I think Squidoo is actually getting better these days. At least in terms of SERP traffic. I haven't added, edited, or linked to any of my Squidoo lenses in months, but since Squidoo started their clean up campaign, I've been getting more traffic with less lenses. I had about 130 lenses before they disabled a bunch, and now I have just over 100 active lenses. The thing is though, I've gone from about 1400 visitors every week to 1850 visitors per week. The good news is I guess, that as long as you build lenses that conform to their guidelines, they should perform better.
daddyO

Postby janet » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:30 pm

I recently stopped using Squidoo lenses because of that. In my case, it wasn't because I was trying to go back and edit the lens. Periodically I will go through my spreadsheets and visit each of my main 2nd tier sites and, lately, several of the Squidoo lenses say they were detected as spam. They had good... not great, but believable content on them. I think the lenses actually had content that my ODesk personal assistant wrote. Oh well.
janet

Return to General Business