Important news: FTC Intervene

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Important news: FTC Intervene

Postby Houston » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:05 pm

Hi All,

just wondering is anyone had read this article, quite important to all IMers I believe.

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2009/ ... -questions

I am wondering, if we all were to put up how much we earn per sale or action or clicks etc, imagine what will happen to the CTR or there might not be people clicking on ads on your sites. This rule will take effect from Dec 1st, remember. The fine is huge and everyone do take care. I am also wondering, if we could place the earnings in the Privacy Policy Page or TOS page of your own sites, since nobody will go and read that page afterall.

Anyone have any views on this? :shock:

Houston23
Houston

Re: Important news: FTC Intervene

Postby Tel » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:50 pm

I think Uncle Sam's going to have trouble imposing his fines on all the Chinese spammers... :lol:
Tel
Site Admin

Postby DavidO » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:06 pm

So static HTML sites are exempt? It's not blogging or social media :lol:

I think the net result will be yet another paragraph on my privacy/terms and conditions pages.
DavidO

Postby lissie » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:08 pm

I actually think it has nothing to do with IMers and crappy affiliate products I believe they are going after the big social blogs who suddenly become fans of say an iPhone because they got given one. I don't see why they don't start with the newspapers who are generally huge fans of whichever 4-star luxury spa that the travel editor got a free pass to last weekend - hows that different? Its certainly not disclosed at least in Australia.

And yeah send the bills guys - I give fines from countries I don't live in a very high priority LOL
Lis
Passive Income and Controversy!
lissie

Postby mattm » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:22 pm

Tel wrote:I think Uncle Sam's going to have trouble imposing his fines on all the Chinese spammers... :lol:

Don't ever under estimate the stupidity of government. They actually think they can manage all problems.
mattm

Postby Tel » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:29 pm

Stupidity and government are two words that go together like two peas in a pod. :lol:
Tel
Site Admin

Return to General Business