Question for Grizz or anyone on Authority Sites

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Question for Grizz or anyone on Authority Sites

Postby Thaiphoon » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:25 am

Just read Grizz' post on double indexing and how to create authority sites.

[url]h**p://makemoneyforbeginners.blogspot.com/2009/10/probloggercom-what-is-griz-doing.html[/url]

My main question is that I'm tying to now get authority sites in my portfolio and the only ones I know of are concentrated on a main theme (product reviews or an authority site about a particular product).

Since I learn things in an absolutely stupid way ( think of the "For Dummies" books) and then can run with a concept once the lightbulb goes off (its how I learned double ledger accounting finally), let me posit this as my understanding.

I could go with an authority site about widgets by just posting about them and following his advice about how to get authority.

Or could I write some posts about left handed diaper changing and get ranked for that...then some other term to get ranked for that and do that over and over in a few months and get ranked for 30-90 terms and then gradually build up to the actual keywords that pay as I'm doing it so that I'm targeting Keywords that get traffic and $$ and then eventually use this type of "authority site" to help me launch my new site about one particular subject (such as widgets)

Am I making sense as to the type of non-specific authority site he's referring to?
Thaiphoon

Re: Question for Grizz or anyone on Authority Sites

Postby Tel » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:10 pm

Hint: Its easier to create an authority site in a very uncompetitive niche. Think very long tail relevant to the shorter tails of a keyword you want to rank for.
Tel
Site Admin

Return to General Business