Did PR just update or am I crazy?

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Did PR just update or am I crazy?

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:01 am

Is PR updating right now? Pretty sure I have seen a few changes on some of my sites but I might just be crazy!
* No links here... Search my name if you want to find me!
TrentBrownrigg

Re: Did PR just update or am I crazy?

Postby pizerule » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:43 am

Not 100% sure how the PR update will solve the question about your sanity, but yes, there is a PR update taking place at the moment. ;-)
pizerule

Postby korprit » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:33 pm

update not treating me well this time around...but so long as my earnings aren't touched....*shrugs* don't care much
korprit

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:13 pm

Not 100% sure how the PR update will solve the question about your sanity, but yes, there is a PR update taking place at the moment.

Yeah, that's true, I'm crazy either way! :-?
TrentBrownrigg

Postby Phillip » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:39 pm

Geez. I jumped from pr0 to pr4 - that's nice! It was a preowned that had a little less than 200 backlinks pointing to the main page - well the only page since it was a flash website. I put a few posts on it and got a few backlinks and thats it.
Phillip

Postby Tel » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:52 pm

I got a pretty unenthusiastic bunch of nothing from G yet again. A couple of slight gains and a couple of slight losses, but overall nothing to cry about or be overjoyful about either... :|
Tel
Site Admin

Postby thechettybear » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:30 am

PR means nothing. No reason to even care if your site goes up or down in PR. Look at SERP rankings.
thechettybear

Postby DeMerchant » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:48 am

Well we can debate that for a couple of reasons...

1 - PR does correlate with serps ranks... sure a PR1 can outrank a PR7 but more likely there will be a higher PR sitting atop the serps

2 - The main reason why PR matters is because people think it does. Sites with higher PR give better leverage for link exchanges...

So anyway while PR may not be that important it does still "matter"... not to mention most of us love to watch metrics that doesn't matter that much and just waste time...
DeMerchant

Postby bgmacaw » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:31 pm

Tel wrote:I got a pretty unenthusiastic bunch of nothing from G yet again. A couple of slight gains and a couple of slight losses, but overall nothing to cry about or be overjoyful about either... :|

Same here for my 'public facing' sites. I suspect that some of them are being 'spanked' for having links to and from certain infamous eeeevillll SEO sites. :-? :lol:
bgmacaw

Postby Tel » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:44 pm

bgmacaw wrote:Same here for my 'public facing' sites. I suspect that some of them are being 'spanked' for having links to and from certain infamous eeeevillll SEO sites. :-? :lol:

That would make sense, although I'm baffled as to why some of my very un-public sites got rapped knuckles this time around - they don't link to or from anyone suspicious... :-?

But then I'm not unduly bothered as their serps positions haven't changed one bit. Be nice to see some gains seeing as some of the in-links are coming from pages that got a PR hike, just to prove or disprove the point that PR matters.
Tel
Site Admin

Postby korprit » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:46 pm

PR only matters for link trading and farm sites IMO. i want my sites to have higher pr, because i can introduce more link juice from trades using them, and because higher PR farm sites hints of higher authority for the links.
korprit

Postby gmoney23 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:02 am

I got a pr5 on the update! It's fun to get excited about stuff that does not really matter :)

Now back to making money...
gmoney23

Postby korprit » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:44 am

i had a PR5 for one whole quarter lol, then it went back to a PR4
korprit

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:23 pm

I got a pr5 on the update! It's fun to get excited about stuff that does not really matter :)

Yes, I will admit it's exciting to see a PR5 or higher on your own site, even if it doesn't matter too much. I had a PR5 for about two years on one of my sites but it got slapped and never returned. That's the only site I've ever made it to a PR5 with.
TrentBrownrigg

Return to General Business