How to get accepted for eBay Partner Network?

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

How to get accepted for eBay Partner Network?

Postby Phillip » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:35 pm

So here it goes, I am open to suggestions and tips... I have already applied a few months ago for EPN but I got shit back from them.. So now as I have started a real legit "online business" for myself I am going to try to get accepted once again to get an account for my business. I will definitely use another site, which is sitting on a very old domain and a pr4, though I have some affiliate products promoted there. I was hoping that someone could take a peek at my site and tell me if it looks okay - that way I could put that application in already. If you want to help and think you know what EPN wants then PM me and I will give you the url...
Phillip

Re: How to get accepted for eBay Partner Network?

Postby Tel » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:26 am

EPN have been making it hard for people to join up as affiliates lately as it seems not to suit them to have too many. All the changes appear to have been designed to pay affiliates less while keeping more in their own pockets.

Hate to say it but you are in the wrong place (as are most of us Europeans) by which I mean you have the best chance of getting a new account if you are in the US, Canada, Australia or the UK. But even that doesn't guarantee anything. There are several members here who are in a variety of locations around the world that cannot get accounts.

I don't think your website makes much difference to them unless its really poorly built, which I'm sure is not the case.

That was pretty negative, sorry!

If I were you, I'd try the technique advertisers use on kids to harass their parents into buying them a product. Keep on and on and on and on.... until they get so sick of you asking they give it to you to shut you up :lol:
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Phillip » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:49 pm

Tel wrote:If I were you, I'd try the technique advertisers use on kids to harass their parents into buying them a product. Keep on and on and on and on.... until they get so sick of you asking they give it to you to shut you up :lol:

I'll have to give that a try..
Phillip

Postby Phillip » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:12 am

And this time I got accepted. Nice PR4 website with 15-20 posts almost each one of the monetized with amazon or affiliate programs.
Phillip

Postby Tel » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:50 am

Hey, congrats! Its another very useful weapon in the money making armory!
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Phillip » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:15 pm

Sometimes you just find keywords that you don't have adsense ads, there is nothing related on Amazon or any affiliate networks, and eBay has just what you are looking for. Sometimes it is the opposite. Even so Diversifying is the key, and I am on my way to it.
Phillip

Postby Simo » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:13 pm

That's great, Phillip! I've been bugging the EPN guys for a long time and still got rejected each time.

I'd be curious how well EPN is going to perform for your sites. I've heard both good and bad things from various people.
ZAGG Folio review | Creare site web | Free Wordpress Themes | Buy articles | Buy artificial Christmas trees this year and help saving our planet. Hurry up! Earth needs your help this Christmas.
Simo

Postby Phillip » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:51 pm

Simo wrote:That's great, Phillip! I've been bugging the EPN guys for a long time and still got rejected each time.

I'd be curious how well EPN is going to perform for your sites. I've heard both good and bad things from various people.

I only have a handful of sites up, at first I scored clicks but no money, now it is clicks and about a dollar a day. Looks like ebay works good on ugly sites that are very product centered - what monetization doesn't?
Phillip

Postby Phillip » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:26 am

Umm... I am getting a good amount of daily clicks with ebay but for some reason they are not paying me anything anymore - this has gone on for a few weeks now...
Phillip

Return to General Business