Who is Steve Wanenheim ?

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Who is Steve Wanenheim ?

Postby lissie » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:52 pm

I recently subscribed to hs blog - I am trying to remember why - I sub to very few mMO bloggers unless I "know" them - did someone here recommend him to me? I'm curious because today I saw this post http://stevewagenheim.com/blog/internet ... iness.html and downloaded the pdf - I can't for the life of me if its the cleverest piece of copywriting I've ever seen or it its legit - it would help if you could help me remember why I subbed in the first place :lol:

BTW at what age do I stop blaming ADHD for thsi and just go with Altzeihmers ? (which is harder to spell..)
Lis
Passive Income and Controversy!
lissie

Re: Who is Steve Wanenheim ?

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:09 pm

I don't think I recommended him to you but I do know who he is. I have known him for probably about 5 years now. We've worked together on a few things over the years and he is currently an author on one of my blogs. I used to talk to him a lot more than I do now but we do still keep in touch. He's one of the most helpful and honest guys you'll ever meet. He's a pretty damn good internet marketer too, but he doesn't do things the way we do around here.

He's very legit but he's also an excellent copywriter so the answer to your question could be both. However, I also downloaded that pdf yesterday and it looks to me like he might be helping out a friend with it. There's no affiliate links in it but the links do go to someone's link that is not his. I'm guessing he is either helping someone out just because he's a nice guy or because he was paid to do so. It could really be either because I've seen him take time help out a lot of people without getting or expecting anything in return, myself included. But he's also an internet marketer so he does what he needs to do in order to make money.
* No links here... Search my name if you want to find me!
TrentBrownrigg

Postby Tel » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:13 pm

I've known Steve Wagenheim for a few years too. When I first got started, he taught me a lot about marketing, writing and making a real business online as opposed to just floundering around as many noobs do. It was his own determination to succeed that rubbed off on me and stopped me from dropping off the map like the other 95% do.

As Trent said, Steve is as honest as the day is long and he won't try to rip you off, but at the same time he is also a marketer so you have to expect him to try and sell you something every once in a while too!
Tel
Site Admin

Postby lissie » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:27 am

Thanks guys - I think I probably came across him Trent when I was sapmming your forum to win you that iPod Trent! Oddly - having initially been attracted to Adsense because I didn't have to sell the psychology of making people buy from me is becoming more and more interesting!
Lis
Passive Income and Controversy!
lissie

Postby derrickp » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:46 pm

Personally I do not have a high opinion of him(I will leave it at that). I think he over states what he earns online and how he makes the money (but many others do that too).
derrickp

Return to General Business