End of the Line with EPN?

Discuss affiliate marketing strategies and products. If you want answers to your affiliate marketing questions, this is the place to post them and find them. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

End of the Line with EPN?

Postby bgmacaw » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:04 pm

Quality Click Pricing

Well, it looks like eBay has found the final stake to drive through the heart of affiliates. Guess it's time to send out my resume and find another job before the earnings disappear. :-?
bgmacaw

Re: End of the Line with EPN?

Postby MasterOfNone » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:25 pm

Yeah, as someone who makes some good money with EPN, I was not happy to get that e-mail today. However, I will admit that I did wind up making more under the quality ACRU system, but this new thing looks like a bunch of voodoo to me. How the hell does an automated system determine click quality? They can try, but it inevitably winds up being somewhat arbitrary. Especially since it seems like the EPN system can't even tell bot clicks from real people. I guess we'll see how things go. Fortunately, I think I'm starting to get the hang of Amazon, so maybe that will be the future for me. Oh, the joys of affiliate marketing...
MasterOfNone

Postby jacksparrow » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:43 pm

Yes they've decided to change to Chitika ovrnight but to rip all their affiliates off, unless they're saying each click can make you more on avg (hard to believe since it's EPN).

If they have a system that can actually derive an affiliate's quality based on -consistently engaged- traffic (what a beautifully abstract concept), they should be doing so well now.
jacksparrow

Postby DeMerchant » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:45 pm

Right, ideally this would just act as income smoothing, but who knows. Generally with this stuff it acts to screw us over.
DeMerchant

Postby MasterOfNone » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:17 pm

Interestingly enough, I received another e-mail from eBay stating that one of my domains was violating a trademark. This is the same domain they warned be about a couple weeks ago, which I have long since taken offline, and deleted the entire registration. The fact they they still think I own in when it is now clearly a godaddy parking page does not give me great confidence in their analytical skills...
MasterOfNone

Postby MasterOfNone » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:55 pm

So, the new QCP demo reports are available, and I am happy to report that I will hypothetically be making more money under this new system. Hopefully that holds up in reality. How is it looking for everyone else?
MasterOfNone

Postby daddyO » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:23 am

Not so good for me. I don't make much through eBay, but I will be making about $100 this month from them, and according to the QCP report, I would only be making about $40. I haven't paid much attention to the QCP stuff, so I'm not sure if I'm reading the reports correctly or not. Does QCP only affect the ACRU payouts? Not sure if I still get commissions for an actual sale or not.

*EDIT* Actually, it's not as bad as I thought. I checked again, and realized that the QCP report doesn't start till Aug 18. So, instead of making $60, I'm getting about $48.
Last edited by daddyO on Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daddyO

Postby jacksparrow » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:59 am

Looks like I am getting mostly 0c per click for EPN's CPC model...
jacksparrow

Return to Affiliate Marketing