Losing Your Affiliate Earnings?

Discuss affiliate marketing strategies and products. If you want answers to your affiliate marketing questions, this is the place to post them and find them. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Are You Missing Some of Your Affiliate Earnings?

Yes
60%
No
No votes
I Don't Know
40%

Total votes : 5

Losing Your Affiliate Earnings?

Postby Tel » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:37 pm

Are you losing some of your affiliate earnings?

Is it because of anti-spyware blocking the all-important cookies needed to track your affiliate id?

Does anyone know what can be done about it?

I've blogged this same question at

http://www.thehonestway.com/blog
Tel
Site Admin

Postby magnetize » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:28 am

I clicked yes as I do have anti spyware and when I signed up under you in hostgator and FAN, you obviously missed out on the old commission. I wasn't even aware of this problem until I read your blog post today. I got no idea how we can change this. Maybe we have to invent some software and launch it as a new hit. Any takers? :P

Monika
magnetize

Postby Tel » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:28 am

Nothing much has been happening in this section for a while, so I thought I should give it some TLC!

So far, there is still no word from Clickbank about this problem and I have the sneaky suspicion they are sweeping it under the table and hoping it goes away. Except it isn't going away. As more people get sucked into buying anti-spyware programs, the problem will only get worse.

Imagine the disaster of someone like Dell Computers getting a license to pre-load one of the more popular anti-spyware programs onto all the new PCs they sell - just like they do with McAffee anti-virus at the moment. Or is it Norton, these days? Who cares. That would put a lot more nails in a lot more affiliate marketers' coffins.

And do the software makers give a rats behind? I think not.
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Tel » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:54 am

Quick update - there is no update!

Still nothing has happened on this front and still the affiliate marketers are losing out by the bucket-load. It beggars belief that hardly anyone seems to be mentioning this in other forums, so all I can conclude from that is that affiliate marketers are quite happy with their handful of sales a month (if they indeed manage that much). They probably see it as the norm and don't expect more.

But there is much more to be had if only the likes of Clickbank will get their proverbial fingers out and create a workable method of tracking affiliate codes without resorting to cookies.

I'm sure there are whizz-kid techies out there that can do that.

Or maybe not?
Tel
Site Admin

Postby winteamwork » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:24 pm

If you help enough people get what they want, you will get what you want

Hi friend,
I am a new member.

I want to introduce best home business.
It is a GDI business.
What Is GDI?
GDI is a Strong, Established, Reliable Online Business.
GDI is one of the most profitable Home Based Businesses around.
As a member of GDI you get:
* Domain Name (.ws) * Web Hosting * Email Addresses * Site Builder * Fantastic Support * Membership To GDI Forum
* The opportunity to earn a remarkable income.

I am looking for people willing to learn how to build your Global Domains Business using just FREE advertising.

Our Guarantee:

More than 3 People In Your Downline In Your First 7 Days For FREE!

We are also on nearly 100 forums. This is how large our Team is.

We promote and promote and promote to build YOUR downline.

[COLOR="Red"]Join me today so We can Start![/COLOR]
Last edited by winteamwork on Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winteamwork

Postby Tel » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:00 pm

Hello winteamwork, why don't you post a hello in the introductions section so the members can get to know you.

We wouldn't want to think you were here just to spam my forum, now would we? :?
Tel
Site Admin

Postby winteamwork » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:01 pm

Congratulations!

ronnarong You have a new downline

Welcome Veronica Arioder to the Dream Team .
Next person who sign up will be your downline sure!.

The perfect time to join is now. The Dream Team Formula is great! You'll have plenty of support and a lot of avenues to promote your business. Take control of your life and your destiny and take action now! The longer you wait, the more time you have lost.

You'll have a great upline including myself, layani, tippingpoint, xinxian ,zigbig and zigbig .

Use Dream Team Formula build your GDI downline faster than 3in7. Sure!!! Guarantee!!!

Because the system will build your first leg to 5 levels deep before starting a second leg. It will also build your second leg to 5 levels deep before going on to the third leg. This goes on and on without stopping. The system will do this for you and all your members too! Everyone that joins your team gets the same support no matter where, or when they join. This means that your first leg will never stop at 5 levels deep and also your subsequent legs. This is because, members anywhere in your organisation will also be building their teams 5 levels deep from them.

There is absolutely no cost for the first 7 days.
See this slide for understand how to build downline of the Dream Team Formula.
winteamwork

Postby Tel » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:09 pm

Right that does it - he's banned - F#@$$ng brain dead spammer! :twisted:
Tel
Site Admin

Postby tam2005 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:28 pm

Man, some people really have all the nerve! I guess some people get their kicks this way rather than properly network on a forum and remain on one. :roll:
tam2005

Postby Grizzly » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:19 pm

oh man... I'm gonna miss him/her sniff :cry:

but I bet Terry feels a lot better! :twisted:
Grizzly
Site Admin

Postby Tel » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:13 pm

Oh I do, I do :twisted:

These annoying people need their heads banging together! Well, he won't be doing any more in this place!
Tel
Site Admin

Re: Losing Your Affiliate Earnings?

Postby jackmoney » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:59 pm

There are just people out there who are out to bring everyone else down.
jackmoney

Postby Glacius » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:32 am

I'm sad I never got to know him. He/she seemed so deep and full of insight, and now my life is completely incomplete at the fact they won't be around to reach out to me in life like they really wanted. Damn you Tel, you ruined the start of a beautiful relationship...

I'm bored and post whoring on a board that post whoring really gives nothing for lol.
Glacius

Postby JohnTighe » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:50 am

Tel,

How you doing mate? Reading between the lines over at Griz's, it would seem you have been a busy man.

Getting back to your original question, have you tried hiding your affilate link? If you hide it I don't think it gets picked up by anti-spyware.

All The Best - John
JohnTighe

Postby Tel » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:31 am

Hi John - yep, I've been pretty busy with Griz and setting up new sites.

As for the spyware debate, it doesn't really matter what you do with your affiliate link. Its the affiliate company cookies that anti-spyware block that cost you the commission because the affiliate company can't track who the originating affiliate is - so I believe that commission is kept by the product owner themselves.
Tel
Site Admin

Postby JohnTighe » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:07 pm

Hi Tel,

mmmm.....bum, I thought my moment of glory would have lasted a bit longer before being dashed on the rocks of your superior knowledge.

So Tel, as spyware improves does that spell the death of the affiliate?

My future income streams seem to be disapearing fast. Oh well back to the coal face.

Take Care,
John
JohnTighe

Postby Gotafish » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:06 pm

I personally don't worry much about the anti-spyware software. Most people get tired of it once they find it blocking sites they like and turn it off. I support 5000+ users in a corp environment that has a strict IT policy and i bet 85% of them disable the anti spyware or adjust their browser setting to minimal standards even when its against policy. Just my 2 cents.
gotafish
Gotafish

Return to Affiliate Marketing