BANS template modification

Discuss affiliate marketing strategies and products. If you want answers to your affiliate marketing questions, this is the place to post them and find them. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

BANS template modification

Postby mrbreze » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Guys, I just set up my first BANS site. It is the world's ugliest BANS site. Trying to modify the template with an available template instead of the selected. I want to practice before modifying the actual site, but the modifications are not saving to the template. What am I doing wrong? (Just another "dumbass" beginner.)

Thanks

Rick
mrbreze

Re: BANS template modification

Postby ejcross » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:23 pm

Hey Rick,

We all started out that way!

If I understand what you are doing, you want to modify the default, or one of the installed templates that comes with BANS?

If you do so, you will need to modify the styles.css file and be sure to click save. You can then click the "View Site" link at the top and it should open a new page or tab. I usually just leave mine open.

Once you make a modification, click over to the new page or tab and I usually hit the "F5" key on my keyboard (PC). This will do a forced "refresh" of the site on your computer so if you have the cache set on your browser, it will automatically refresh it.

Part of the problem I ran into was if I didn't do this, especially with Internet Explorer, it wouldn't refresh and I would think "What the hell!".

Hope that helps, if not, let me know!
ejcross

Re: BANS template modification

Postby Love2Blog » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:16 am

Definitely agree, clear the cache it works everytime, and also when you upload the logo, it won't show often times till you cleat the cache.
Love2Blog

Return to Affiliate Marketing