Whats the best link to use when Affiliate Marketing

Discuss affiliate marketing strategies and products. If you want answers to your affiliate marketing questions, this is the place to post them and find them. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Whats the best link to use when Affiliate Marketing

Postby lissie » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:09 am

Hi guys: this is a genuine question not a slightly disguised ad (but feel free to buy anyway :twisted: :twisted: )

I'm promoting a product. I genuinely like the product and thinks its best of its class. I've written a review on my own blog and a review on hubpages because both places I have people who read what I right because I am me (there is no accounting for some taste). The thing is - for the first time in my expeience I actually like the sales page itself - I think it does a good job being genuine- but I'm biased I like the guy!

So the question is which of these sites:
my blog review of PLC
my hub on PLC
or the direct link to the sales page

which should I use :
a) in forums? I am thinking places like here where I have a "reputation" I should probably link to 1 of the reviews but in the big forums where I am not well known I should just use the direct links because my reputation doesnt matter in those sites and Vic is probably a lot better at closing than I am!
b) for SEO purposes there is another wrinkle I bought privatelabelchest.info :twisted: though its not up and running yet. Obviously I can't ever be in 1st place but I am thinking the exact kw match will get me somewhere; well it has a better chance than non-kw focussed blog for sure. Hub pages can do quite well sometimes in the SERPS but they are not ideal for affiliate marketing because its against the TOS to turn the Adsense ads off. I would therefore use the hubpage to push the info up the SERPS (as well as the usual suspects) but again I have the dilemma does my style of review make it more likely that someone will click thru or should I just get them direct to the "proper" sales pages ASAP ? I guess I really don't what makes people take that leap of faith and buy: and with PLC is nearly $100 up front - thats a big leap!

I never really thought about this when pushing Article Marketing Automation because I thought their marketing page is pretty ordinary - but I really like what Vic has done with his page so I am really not sure so I am probably over-thinking things - again!
Lis
Passive Income and Controversy!
lissie

Re: Whats the best link to use when Affiliate Marketing

Postby Tel » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:51 am

Just an off the wall observation from one of my sideways thinking moments...

From a PLR articles perspective: I know people can still be sucked into PLR because they don't know any better, but unless you're going to spin any PLR articles you're going to use, you're dicing with duplicate content death by putting any of it on your site. Taking that train of thought one step further, if you're going to go to the trouble to spin a PLR article, why would you pay for it when you can get all the articles you want for free from somewhere like GoArticles and spin them?

From a PLR products perspective: Mmm, I'd say 99% of these products are PLR because they've already been thrashed to death by their creators and have been put out to pasture to try to wring a little more juice out of them. Which makes them hard to sell for any more than a few dollars and without eBay to do that now, are they worth the bother?

Can you tell I'm not exactly a fan of PLR? :twisted:
Tel
Site Admin

Re: Whats the best link to use when Affiliate Marketing

Postby Tel » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:01 am

Oh yeah, your question...

A .info can do ok in the SERPs same as any other domain in theory, although Google doesn't seem to like them all that much these days unless they are used just for information (which is what they're meant to be for). I've kept most of my .info's indexed by not putting up affiliate stores, but that just makes them next to useless as far as making money is concerned.

One thing I'm trying myself in one niche with a .info is to have the main page as an "information about the topic" page and a WP blog tacked on the side as domain.info/blog and using wordbay to push some merchandise. The site is still indexed but needs promotion to boost it up the serps, for which I am currently building a "project" to do that with.

With an affiliate product to promote on a .info, I'd do the same thing but use the blog to promote the crap out of the product while the main page stays highly informational about the product (review style - plusses and minuses) but with no affiliate links showing.

Its still hit or miss with Google as their index is just not behaving like it used to so some sites get favoured over others but sometimes there's no obvious rhyme of reason for it.
Tel
Site Admin

Return to Affiliate Marketing