I smell A RAT!! Someone copying my site

If you have come across any scams or dishonest packages, products or strategies, discuss them here and expose them.
Feel free to name and shame the perpetrators! NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

I smell A RAT!! Someone copying my site

Postby thechettybear » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:36 pm

I have found someone that is copying my website. It is not an exact copy but they are copying some of my posts word for word and then throwing in some of their own sentences too. They are also copying the format. It is pretty close to the same thing.

Any suggestions on what I should do?
Last edited by thechettybear on Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thechettybear

Re: I smell A RAT!! Somone copying my site

Postby ejcross » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:03 pm

find out who they are on whois.net and if they don't have privacy enabled, you will see who it is registered to.

You can then send them a certified letter stating that they are violating copyright on your site and have them remove it.

Or, if they have ads on their site, you can just sit and click to your hearts content until their adsense gets banned... :twisted:
ejcross

Postby Tel » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:09 pm

ejcross wrote:Or, if they have ads on their site, you can just sit and click to your hearts content until their adsense gets banned... :twisted:

Whoa be careful if you are going to do that and you have an adsense account of your own - remember the saying about people who live in glass houses and throwing stones...
Tel
Site Admin

Postby ejcross » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:08 am

Tel wrote:
ejcross wrote:Or, if they have ads on their site, you can just sit and click to your hearts content until their adsense gets banned... :twisted:

Whoa be careful if you are going to do that and you have an adsense account of your own - remember the saying about people who live in glass houses and throwing stones...

You're right Terry, I guess people can't sense my attempt at humor. I would never suggest that as I wouldn't want it myself...I'll blame my lack of judgement on pain meds...damn shoulder! lol

Ok, so here is an older post about stealing blog content and what you can do about it...I knew I had read a great article before about it, so this should help out:

Code: Select all
https://lorelle.wordpress.com/2006/04/10/what-do-you-do-when-someone-steals-your-content/

Oh, if anyone reading this is looking for some good insight into wordpress blogs and stuff for them, lorelle is a great writer and has tons to offer, a site well worth checking out sometime.
ejcross

Postby dinheiro » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:01 am

Remember, this game resumes to the number of backlinks and the quality of them. If you have more backlinks and your domain have more authority for google, it's your article(s) that will be in the first positions, and the rat is gone. That's a proven fact.
dinheiro

Return to Scams, Spams and Rip Offs