Steer Clear of EHOW Scam

If you have come across any scams or dishonest packages, products or strategies, discuss them here and expose them.
Feel free to name and shame the perpetrators! NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Steer Clear of EHOW Scam

Postby advaita » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:02 pm

No doubt you have all heard of Ehow - the article site that 'pays' people for writing articles - well it appears they have no tbeen paying their writers everything they owe them - there is a big hooha at the moment so I am alerting everyone I can that it is probably best not to sign up for Ehow site - I was considering signing up but not any more !

I have left amessage on Griz's blog but he seems to be hibernating stil

Take a look at this unholy pile of Cow Poo - h**p://www.conversationmarketing.com/2010/01/ehow-i-call-bullshit.htm
and
h**p://www.innovativepassiveincome.com/ehow-uk-site-is-not-paying-us-writers/

written by unfortunate Ehow contributors ! It seems Ehow is going to list on the stockmarket too (they make millions - but is seems a large part of that is made by not paying their writers)
advaita

Re: Steer Clear of EHOW Scam

Postby Rajaie » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:54 pm

eHow is part of the DemandMedia network, a company responsible for half the crap on the Internet. (You've probably seen their ExpertVillage videos on YouTube.)
Rajaie

Postby Scooter » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:25 am

I've been making a killing on my FarmVille related articles!
Haven't heard of being duped out of any $$$ Just a rumor I suppose? Probably someone from Bukisa trying to get some affiliate referral credits -- a clever marketing propaganda I would suppose??

~Scooter
~(Scooter1 @ eHow)
Scooter

Postby advaita » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:06 am

It's hardly just a rumour as Ehow themselves have admitted that they have made 'mistakes' - there are dozens of posts around about how Ehow didn[t pay for stuff they posted on their Uk site
advaita

Postby Scooter » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:14 am

advaita wrote:It's hardly just a rumour as Ehow themselves have admitted that they have made 'mistakes' - there are dozens of posts around about how Ehow didn[t pay for stuff they posted on their Uk site

So is there any recourse -- is eHow going to "make good" on their mistake?
How would they know who earned what anyway???
Please keep us updated if you follow any developments

Scooter

Return to Scams, Spams and Rip Offs