Anyone Familiar With Configuring Firefox To Run Faster?

Discuss webmaster issues, website development and resources. Ask questions about website building, coding, SEP/SEO etc here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Re: Anyone Familiar With Configuring Firefox To Run Faster?

Postby korprit » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:31 pm

ubuntu is easily my favorite and a definite OS forerunner. it is comparable to MAC OSX in my opinion. VERY stable. once you figure out the package management, the OS is a breeze. (apt-get for those wondering)

ubuntu launched me into a full time user, and i work at a solaris based company, and everyone uses ubuntu for their dev and personal systems (they interface with solaris servers but their desktops are all ubuntu). honestly, ubuntu is what i believe will be THE linux OS goin into the future. it's easy for newbies, and complex for the OpenSource crowd. pure money in my eyes :)

i run VM workstation (free) on my linux box and use a couple smaller (<10Gb) VMs for windows work. i do the same thing at work for Outlook, and other MS only apps. the new VM workstation is really resource UNintensive.

i love the setup: linux laptop and a couple desktops with ubuntu and a few VMs. i remote desktop into any VM i want (that is running) or ssh in and start a VM and then RDP to it. Different VMs for different projects (SEO, security, etc.)

just as a point of measure. i killed every open source OS i tried to become proficient with in the past (freebsd, openbsd, red hat - RPMs are shite, and more)....but in the two years since i converted to Ubuntu full time...i have NEVER had a system crash on me. not once. it's too damn easy to use. even if you go deep into confs and source modification....apt-get remove and start over. done. lol

if there's enough interest, i'll start another thread for linux users :)
korprit

Re: Anyone Familiar With Configuring Firefox To Run Faster?

Postby janetra » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:21 pm

by korpri
if there's enough interest, i'll start another thread for linux users :)
Yes please :-)

I'm a Sabayon user - I love it. Need a new program? - 'emerge xxx' and its done. The only thing I don't like is the lack of some programs for linux. I use a Vm with Windows XP but have succumbed to Vista on my laptop for all those programs that you can't run on it. It's annoying that there are getting to be so many programs I want to use that are not available - Market Samurai. Keyword Elite, Dragon Naturally Speaking etc
janetra

Previous

Return to Web Development Resources