Little Meta Description Weirdness

Discuss webmaster issues, website development and resources. Ask questions about website building, coding, SEP/SEO etc here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Little Meta Description Weirdness

Postby DeMerchant » Tue May 05, 2009 3:35 pm

So I checked my meta descriptions and instead of being the ones that I wrote they are all my tagline. I don't know why it would be this way with all in one seo running... but anyway it seems to be... anyone know how to fix it?
DeMerchant

Re: Little Meta Description Weirdness

Postby gabbyjay268 » Tue May 05, 2009 3:44 pm

I remember something like this happening to me once before. I think I just removed the code from the header where the default meta description was being created and everything worked fine after that.

You probably already know this, but a good way to check if this works is to view the source of the page in Firefox - right click on the page and select "View Page Source" - and check to see if you have multiple <meta name="description" tags in your html header. If you do, removing the one that is hard coded in your header.php file is probably going to fix the problem.

Then Google will take some time to come by and update their search results with your new meta descriptions.
gabbyjay268

Re: Little Meta Description Weirdness

Postby DeMerchant » Tue May 05, 2009 3:48 pm

Looks like the absolute problem. Much thanks!
DeMerchant

Return to Web Development Resources