Translator Plugins

Discuss webmaster issues, website development and resources. Ask questions about website building, coding, SEP/SEO etc here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Translator Plugins

Postby DeMerchant » Mon May 11, 2009 3:06 pm

Does anyone use a translator plugin on their sites? I've never found one that works as well as I would like. The other issue I was having was it caused Adsense to target foreign ads on all my pages. Can anyone think of a way to fix that. I think using a translator has a fair number of benefits. It increases the number of pages on your site by a multiple of however many languages you have, and it also opens up a whole new world of search traffic.

Thoughts?
DeMerchant

Re: Translator Plugins

Postby Tel » Mon May 11, 2009 3:33 pm

I've never tried using plugins, but I have created sites with dual English/Spanish content to widen the net.

One way around the adsense problem was to to only have the code on the English pages and make sure they're optimized to hell. Its hard for me to tell what ads are showing half the time though, because I'm in Spain and geo-targeting often means I'll get local ads served on my sites from here.

I reckon the best way to treat translator plugins is like they're creating a bunch of free BCW pages on your site in foreign languages so who cares if they make too much sense or not :lol:
Tel
Site Admin

Return to Web Development Resources