Moving WP-blog problems **SOLVED**

Discuss webmaster issues, website development and resources. Ask questions about website building, coding, SEP/SEO etc here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Moving WP-blog problems **SOLVED**

Postby Phillip » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:17 pm

So I just moved one of my WP blogs to another host according to this guide -http://www.dollarshower.com/move-wordpress-blog-to-another-host-server/

Everything went fine 'till I loaded my blog and I get a blank screen. I can access /wp-admin but when I go to the blog I just get blank. What could be the problem here? Maybe I missed something on the guide - don't know.

If you want to take a look I can give you the URL as PM
Last edited by Phillip on Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phillip

Re: Moving WP-blog problems

Postby janetra » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:51 pm

I had that problem when I moved one of mine. Turned out it was the theme. I had to go into themes and reselect the theme then it worked OK.
janetra

Re: Moving WP-blog problems

Postby Phillip » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:59 pm

janetra wrote:I had that problem when I moved one of mine. Turned out it was the theme. I had to go into themes and reselect the theme then it worked OK.

This seems to be the problem, and the same goes for all the plugins. It was previously on a shared hosting account as an addon domain, and because I did this using the database, it still tries to find the plugins and the themes from those crappy subdirectories somewhere. Is there a way I can change it simply or do I need to reistall everything?

EDIT - I pretty much have to be the dumbest guy in town. I had uploaded the wp-content directory to the wp-content directory... So I had all my content in folder wp-content/wp-content/
Phillip

Return to Web Development Resources